Vikingane

Today we baked viking bread and celebrated the Feast of the Ascension.



We're still enjoying our morning walks and our new baby. And our new baby is giving us faces other than frowns. So that's exciting.


The older kids did Recitation today and in case you're thinking, "Recitation, that sounds fancy." I assure you, it is not. It could be, but I let my kids pick what they learn to recite and this week it includes two Shel Silverstein poems, one about forgetting to put pants on and the other about a snowball "wetting the bed".  We're all class over here.

I have recently discovered Arthur Guiterman, who is currently my new favorite poet. Here is a small sampling of his work-

The tusks which clashed in mighty brawls
Of mastodons, are billiard balls.
The sword of Charlemagne the Just
Is Ferric Oxide, known as rust.
The grizzly bear, whose potent hug,
Was feared by all, is now a rug.
Great Caesar's bust is on the shelf,
And I don't feel so well myself.

Comments

Post a Comment